Creamed soup is really easy to make. It’s also a good excuse to clean out the vegetable crisper….
1. Chop an onion (or two), some garlic and a chunk of ginger. Saute them in a few tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Chop up some vegetables. I used squash, carrots and sweet potato; but really you can use whatever you have on hand. If you don’t have anything, just use a can of pumpkin puree! Just make sure it isn’t pumpkin pie filling – that would be not so good! 🙂
3. Get yourself some broth or water and cover those veg!
4. Bring the mix to a gentle simmer, and cook until the veg are fork tender.
5. Pull out that immersion blender! I love mine. I use it for soup, sauces, and smoothies (how’s that for alliteration!?!). Whiz until smooth.
6. If you are feeling adventurous, you can add hot sauce or a few chilli peppers. Either way, it’s ready to scoop into a bowl and eat.
You can make as much or as little of this soup as you want. Add cream if you are feeling decadent. It’s great served with a piece of crusty bread.